Same disclaimer as Tuesday regarding this post. Half of this was written quickly at work just to get the stats up and the other half was written quickly at home where I have a zillion things I need to do. I don't have time, patience, or the general "sit down and write pretty" warm and fuzzies tonight. (Still want to post the info though.)
Let's us begin...
Ultrasound done by doctor today. I don't remember this doctor's name, but she reminds me of tall Jennifer Garner. It's kinda funny. Funny weird, not funny haha. (I've always loved that phrase.) I've met her before and she is the new doctor at the practice.
Lining is grade 1 at 7mm. (This doesn't matter in my case except to show that my hormone levels are good.)
Note: they looked at the right ovary first this time.
3 that are <10mm
Looks some were hiding on the right that have perked up. One of the small ones on the left decided to join in the game as well.
Depending on my blood levels, we may wait another day before the trigger shot. Will know this afternoon.
I was out of meds and so my nurse gave me some from the office. Said if I don't have to use them, to bring them back. They didn't charge.
Triggering tonight. My progesterone is 1.3 and my estrogen is 1779. The nurse explained that when the progesterone starts rising and gets above 1, it indicates that the eggs are getting ready to release (something I did not know previously.) My hCG shot is scheduled for midnight. Haven't watched the videos for that one yet - better get to it! Dose is 10K.
Tomorrow morning I go back for another appt. They are taking blood and going over the pre-op instructions. Not sure if I get another ultrasound, I was in my car about to leave when they called.
My GC will start her progesterone shots tomorrow night (ouch.) I still cringe knowing how her shots are big and intramuscular. Super suck. Our transfer is slated for Tuesday. Not sure why we are doing a 3 day instead of 2, but I've put it on my list of questions.
I've asked 2 other questions that I am awaiting answers on. 1 is regarding assited hatching: do they think it is warranted in our case. The other was about ICSI. I was surprised to find out that they did not have it planned for us. That's a bit startling given I have a low ovarian reserve and we've used it both times before. I've asked for clarification. If there is little downside, and a potential upside, then I don't want a small fee standing in the way. Plus, I've read studies where it can significantly impact small follicle/egg success.
As good as my numbers look, I was reminded on how good they looked last cycle. In fact I had 12 good sized and 14mm one; only 4 eggs were retrieved. I guess I have to hope that they will have better equipment/process/tweaks of protocol here to release good eggs. Hate to put it that way because quite frankly, my last cycle in India was waaaaayyyyy less stressful than this one here in the states, but a little part of me is hoping that something will be better here.
My post-op visit (that's new!) is scheduled for the 22nd. Our pregnancy test scheduled for the 27th. That seems kinda early, so I told our GC to expect that she may have to come in for a second one. With her starting a new job only a month ago, it's better for her to know the possibiliy of these things in advance. Heck, I know I would want to know that too.
Saturday is retrieval day. I've been so busy, I haven't had time to worry [too much] with google or otherwise. Our appointment is at 11am, but we have to go in at 10:15 to speak with the doctor. It's weird to see all these different doctors and nurses. I haven't even seen our doctor since our cycle started, and now she won't even be doing the retrieval. Sigh. I know the other doctor is considered awesome and I've met him once before, but it's still hard. In India I saw my doctor and the same nurse every day.
That's it. Gotta go hussle and get things done. Haven't even had dinner yet. Wish me luck!